Sunday, January 17, 2010



Dear Friends and Family,


Evan passed away last night around 11:45 pm. He started having trouble breathing late Friday night/early Saturday morning, and Hospice came out to start him on morphine and some other medications to keep him calm and comfortable. He spent all day Saturday in a pretty heavily sedated state, but his young and healthy heart worked laboriously all day to keep him breathing. It was truly awful to watch his body struggle like that, even though we knew he was most likely comfortable and unaware.

Finally, after everyone had gone home and the kids were in bed, I got to spend a few minutes alone with him. Then I turned off the lights and laid down on the couch nearby. I listened to him breathe for just a few minutes and then suddenly he just went quiet. He was completely silent and peaceful. My sadness was overwhelming, but I was so happy for him. That’s all I can write right now.

I’ll let you know when the funeral will be. Thanks for all your love and support throughout this journey.

Love,
Margot