November 20, 2007


MRI Results

Hi Everyone,

Evan had his MRI this morning and then met with Evan’s Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist this afternoon. There was very little swelling around the tumor, so the images were very clear – thank goodness! I think we would have gone crazy if we had to wait for three more months till the next scan.

The tumor has been reduced by about 25-30%. This is good news, but not great news. I think we were hoping to hear something more like 50% or more. And I know Evan was hoping to hear 100%. But 30% is better than 10% or 20%, and it’s definitely better than no change at all, so we’ll take it!

The radiation continues to work on the tumor for several months after the last treatment, and the chemotherapy will continue to fight the cancer cells as well – so we’re hoping the tumor will continue shrinking, and that we’ll see additional reduction in his next MRI three months from now.

Thanks for all your support. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers more than we can say. We wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and we’ll be in touch after our trip.

Love,
Margot


P.S. I also wanted to let you know that my good friend Cheryl Wilde helped me set up a little family website, if you’d like to check it out. The address is
www.mgardinergazette.blogspot.com.

It includes all my e-mails since Evan’s diagnosis, and I’ve posted a bunch of family photos there too. My computer had a nervous breakdown when I tried to send attachments to such a long list of recipients, so this will be easier to use in that way. I’ll still send out the e-mails, but from now on they’ll be posted on the website as well. Also, if there’s anyone who isn’t already on my e-mail list, they can just check the website from time to time and look for the latest updates. Take care, and we’ll talk to you soon.